dfs Invitation of quotations for providing outsourcing contract for cleaning and sweeping           Amendment to tender enquiry dated 26.10.2016           Transfer of cases pending before District Courts, 29-Feb-2016           Compliance to the PFRDA Regulations, 2015           Revision of pension in respect of PE_2006 comissioned Officer           Forwarding of Nominal roll for the year 2015-16           Public Servants Second Amendment Rules, 2015 fdsf
Frequently Asked Question
fds fds

FAQs on Implementation of OROP vide Govt. Order dated 17.01.2013
1. Are these orders applicable to those pensioners also whose date of commencement of pension is exactly 01.01.2006 ?
Yes, these orders are applicable to all the pensioners/family pensioners whose date of commencement of pension is on or before 01.01.2006.
2 The date of commencement of family pension in respect of a family pensioner is 01.04.2006 whose late husband had retired from the service on 31.08.1999. Will the family pension of the family be revised under these orders?
Yes, the family pension will be revised under these orders because the deceased soldier was a pre-2006 retiree.
3 It is being contended by some pensioners/their associations that the arrears on account of this revision should be paid w.e.f. 01.01.2006 as the orders are merely an amendment to GOI, MoD letter dated 11.11.2008. Please clarify?
As the provision of these orders are effective from 24the September 2012. Hence no arrears shall be allowed for the past period.
4 Will the additional pension also be revised accordingly ?
The improved pension will be the basic pension from 24.09.2012 and hence additional pension payable will also be revised accordingly by the PDA.
5 The basic pension of a pre-2006 pensioner (Rank - Havildar , Group ‘D’) of Army having total qualifying service of 15 years is slated to be increased from 3500/- p.m. to 5301/- P.M. Is such a high increase in Basic Pension is in order?
The increase in BP from 3500/- to 5301/- P.M for the pensioner with particulars as mentioned above is in order. It is evident from the existing basic pension of 3500/-PM and the particulars given above that the PDA has not revised pension of the individual correctly w.e.f. 01.07.2009. The correct entitlement of the individual is as under:.
6 In most of the cases neither the pensioner has applied to the PDA for revision of their pension nor any Corr PPO or instructions have been received by the PDA from the PSA. Please supply the proforma of application in this regard?
It has been clearly mentioned in the orders that the revision of pension by PDAs has to be made with reference to Pension Tables annexed to the orders. No further authorization from the PSA or any application from the affected pensioner is required to carry out the revision.
7 The tables annexed to circular No 501 & Circular No. 502 start from QS of 15 years onwards. How to revise the pension of a pensioner having less than 15 years if qualifying years?
Following elements of pension / type of pension are to be revised by PSA. Special Pension Invalid pension Service element of disability pension in respect of PBOR discharged with less than 15 years qualifying service Service pension of TA personnel irrespective of their QS service and Service element of War Injury Pension and Liberalized Disability Pension
8 Mr. ‘X’ who is a Hony Nb Sub, Gp ‘D’ pensioner having total QS of 24 years is already drawing a basic pension of 7750/- PM. However as per table – 4 (Army) annexued to Cir No 501, his basic pension w.e.f. 24.9.12 should be 7601/- PM. Please advise how to regulate such cases.
The existing pension of the pensioner in such cases might have been revised by PCDA (P) by issuing Corr PPO (s) based on some courts orders etc. No action by PDA is required in such cases.
9 Mr ‘X’ is a DSC pensioner in receipt of two pensions, one for regular Army service, and another for DSC service. Are both these pensions to be revised by PDAs?
The pension for regular Army service will only be revised under these orders by the PDA. A reference for revision of pension for DSC service will be sent to PCDA (P).
10 The tables annexed to Circular No 501, in respect of DSC pensioner seem to be incomplete e.g. the table in respect of Sep of DSC are only up to QS of 23 years. How to revise pension of a sep of DSC who has total QS of 24 years or above?
Sepoy in DSC have maximum engagement period up to 20 years only with the exception that the maximum term of engagement can be up to 23 years in case of pensioner retired on or 30.5.98. Hence QS in such type of cases may be restricted to the maximum permissible and pension revised accordingly. Period-wise complete list of maximum terms of engagement for JCOs/ORs is enclosed in Appendix-X to Cir No 501.
11 There is no table annexed to Cir No 502 to revise Ordinary Family Pension for NOKs of DSC Personnel. Please advise how to revise such cases ?
The family pension in respect of DSC personnel who are in receipt of family pension for only DSC service are to be revised at the same rates as given for family pensioners of Regular Army. DSC personnel on “clerical duty” and “other duty” are entitled for family pension of regular Army personnel of group “Y” and “Z” respectively.
12 What are the basic fields/data required to revise pension under these order?
The basic fields/data required to revise pension under these orders are as follows: Type of pension viz Retiring pension/service pension/ Ordinary Family Pension/ Special Family Pension/ War Injury Pension/ Dependant Pension Rank of the pensioner Group of the pensioner (only for JCOs / PBORs) Qualifying service (without weightage) Record Office Date of commencement Date of Retiremen
13 How to look for the above information in the PPO or related record ?
In case of Post -86 retires all the information is generally available in the original PPO of the Pensioner. In cases where the required information is not available in the PPO or other record of the PDA, the missing information may be called for from the PSA concerned.
14 In case of Pre-86 retires Qualifying service is generally not available in the PPO of the pensioner. Pl. advise the way out to regulate such cases.
The qualifying service in such type of cases can be looked for in the original Descriptive Roll of the pensioner or in the Corrigendum PPO(s). Original discharge book/certificate issued to the pensioner by the Record office is also an authentic source of such information.
Some model Calculations are done here
Case - I
Name of Pensioner           J.S. Bala
Name of Bank SBI Chandigarh
Existing Pension 26050/-      ( Circular No. 397 )
Rank Colonel
Qualifying Service 26 Years 05 Months
Date of Commencement 07/06/1990
Being a commissioned officer of Regular Army, the revision is to be done as per Annexure –A (table No 1) annexed to PCDA (P) Circular No 500. Look in relevant column for the rank and relevant row for qualifying service. The revised pension w.e.f. 24.9.2012 comes out to 27795/- P.M.
Case - II
Name of Pensioner           Smt. Amarjit Kaur
Name of Bank SBI Mohali
Existing Pension 8679/-      ( Circular No. 397 )
Rank Major
Date of Commencement 19/07/1990
Being the family of a commissioned officer of Army, the revision is to be done as per annexure –A (table No -2) annexed to PCDA (P) Circular No 500. The revised pension w.e.f. 24.9.2012 comes out to 10923/- p.m.
Case - III
Name of Pensioner           Sukhvinder Singh
Name of Bank SBI Ropar
Existing Pension 13500/-      ( Circular No. 397 )
Rank MWO-Hony.Flying Officerl
Qualifying Service 34 Years
Date of Commencement 01/01/1985
Date of Birth 08/12/1929
The existing pension of the pensioner is not in order. Firstly, it needs to be raised to 13590/- from 13500/- P.M. wef 01/07/2009 as per PCDA (P) Circular No 482 dt 19/04/02012. Then look for revised pension for the Rank and QS in Table -20 (Air Force) annexed to Circular NO 501. The revised pension should be 15465/- wef 24/09/12.
Moreover, as the pensioner is more than 80 years old, he is also entitled to additional pension corresponding to revised pension.
General FAQs
15 Is capturing of information about Record office financially importance or can be done away with?
Following are the 4 major categories of JCOs/PBORs based on Record office. Naval Record Office Air Force Record Office DSC Cannanore Record Office All other Record offices except those mentioned above. Different tables are available to cater to these categories and hence the importance of information about Record Office can’t be done away with.
16. Why identification is important?
Every pensioner is required to get himself identified once in 12 months. The date of last identification of each pensioner is updated in the computer master of the DPDO. If the pensioner fails to get identified before 12 months from the date of last identification, the pension payment will automatically be suspended.
17. Can a pensioner get his annual identification done from his pension paying bank branch?
A pensioner can get himself identified by his bank branch. However, he or she should enquire with the bank authorities and ensure that the Life Certificate will be forwarded immediately to the DPDO by them. If there occurs a delay by the bank branch in transmitting the Life Certificate submitted by a pensioner, the pension payment will be automatically stopped by the computer.
18. When does the pension become time barred?
A pension/family pension remaining undrawn over a period of three years or a pensioner/family pensioner remaining absent for annual identification for over three years, payment becomes time barred. Sanction of the competent authority shall be required for waiver of time bar and for re-induction of the pensioner/family pensioner to pension strength.
19. Who has the power to pass time barred arrears claims?
The powers of the DPDO to admit time barred arrears claim is mentioned below:
a) Upto 1 year for all classes of pensioners in case of non-drawal of Ist pension.
b) 3 years for Commissioned  Officers, Civilians & their families, and
c) Upto 5 years for PBOR and their families in case of non-drawal of regular pension.
Beyond this, the CDA has full powers to waive the time bar and accord the sanction for reviving the case in the computer master of the DPDO, irrespective of the periodicity.
20. Which are the required documents to be submitted, along with the claim for time barred arrears?
The following documents are to be submitted by the pensioner to the DPDO:
i) Application on IAF (CDA) 651 in triplicate with Part - I duly filled in by the pensioners, Part - II witnessed by two pensioners and Part – II & III attested by the DPDO.
ii) Explanation by the pensioner for non-drawal of pension along with supporting documents i.e. medical certificate in case of illness, copy of Passport/Visa in case of visit abroad
iii) Pension Certificate (Pension Book)
iv) Affidavit containing the following information:-
  a) Re-employment/non-employment
  b) In case re-employed during the period for which arrears have been claimed, certificate from the employer mentioning whether he opted for counting of former military service towards his second employment and his pay was fixed at the minimum of scale and no amount of pension was taken into account for fixing his pay
  c) Non-conviction during the period of claim
  d) Non-change of nationality in case of pensioners having stayed abroad
  e) Non-marriage in case of daughters
  f) Non- re-marriage certificate in respect of widows
21. What are the actions to be taken by the DPDO on receipt of a time barred arrears claim from a pensioner?
The DPDO will prepare the following documents and forward the same to the Main Office through Zonal Office (PD):
i) Statement of cases containing the:-
  a) Brief history of the cases
  b) Reasons of Non-drawal of pensioners by the pension
  c) When was the pension suspended by the computer automatically or through Tr code 07
  d) Tr code 01 when operated (in applicable cases)
  e) Certificate of the DPDO showing the date upto which last paid duly supported by the extract of check register duly attested by the DPDO
  f) The comment of the DPDO on the correctness/genuineness of the claim
  g) Date of last identification
  h) Date of present identification etc
ii) Calculation sheet in triplicate duly authenticated by the DPDO and ZO(PD) showing total amount of claim in figures as well as in words
iii) Pension Certificate (Pension Book) : The month of last payment, date of identification and the matter regarding time barred arrears claim should be mentioned therein
iv) Descriptive Roll
v) Original PPO notifying the award along with Corr. PPO if any
vi) PC file of the pensioner
vii) Certificate from the DPDO that he has verified from his record that the amount claimed has not been previously drawn by the pensioner
22. Can a pensioner living abroad send his life certificate to the DPDO.
Yes. In such circumstances, a pensioner living abroad can send the life certificate signed by the authorised officer of Indian High Commission/Consulate/Embassy.
The format of the life certificate can be downloaded from here:
23. Which categories of pensioners have the facility of submitting life certificate?
The following types of pensioners can submit Life Certificates in lieu of identification:
1. Pensioners living abroad can send Life Certificate to the DPDO. The Life Certificate should be obtained from the Indian High Commission/Consulate/Embassy of the country where he/she lives.
2. A pensioner suffering from illness can send a Life Certificate to the DPDO. This Life Certificate should be obtained from a Registered Medical Practitioner who treats him/her.
3. A pensioner re-employed in a Govt Department or PSU or autonomous body can send a Life Certificate to the DPDO. This Life Certificate should be obtained from the Head of the Office where he/she is re-employed.
In all the above circumstances, the Life Certificate should bear the seal of the office which issues the same.