dfs Invitation of quatations for Hiring of DG Set           Transfer of cases pending before District Courts, 29-Feb-2016           Compliance to the PFRDA Regulations, 2015           Revision of pension in respect of PE_2006 comissioned Officer           Forwarding of Nominal roll for the year 2015-16           Public Servants Second Amendment Rules, 2015 fdsf
Frequently Asked Question
fds fds

Joint Notification

1. Why Joint Notification is important?
After the death of a pensioner, his spouse or other eligible family member is entitled for family pension. However, family pension will not be payable to the family member if his/her name has not been notified through the Pension Payment Order (PPO) or Corrigendum PPOs, issued by the Pension Sanctioning Authorities (PSA). In such cases, the eligible family member has to apply to obtain the form of application for family pension from the concerned Record Office (RO) and apply for the same through the RO. It is a time consuming procedure, resulting in hardships to the family members.
Hence, it would be better if the living service pensioner obtains the form for Joint Notification (JN) from the DPDO and apply for the same during his life time. It will help avoid hardships to the family members in future. The JN will be issued by the PSA through a Corrigendum PPO. This will ensure that payment of family pension will be commenced immediately after the death of the service pensioner
2. The name of my wife has been entered in all my service documents by the Records Office. Will she get family pension immediately, in case of my unfortunate death?
No. In order to ensure immediate payment of family pension to the spouse of a deceased pensioner, Joint Notification should be got issued from the Pension Sanctioning Authorities. Merely getting the name of your spouse recorded in the documents of the Record Office will not ensure payment of family pension to him/her.
3. What should be done by the eligible family member, in order to get family pension, if a pensioner dies before the issue of the Joint Notification?
In such cases, the family member may immediately report the matter to the DPDO, along with the following documents belonging to the deceased, by a personal visit:
1. Pension book
2. Discharge certificate
3. Bank pass book
4. Original copy of the Death Certificate
The pension amount should not be drawn after the death of the pensioner.
As the Joint Notification was not issued during the life time of the pensioner, the eligible family member has to send an application to the Record Office (RO) of the deceased. The address of the RO can be obtained from the DPDO
The RO will send you the Application Form to apply for family pension. The list of documents to be attached to the application form will also be mentioned therein
You have to fill in the application form, obtain the documents from the concerned authorities and send them to the RO in their address. The RO will forward these documents to the Pension Sanctioning Authority (PSA) after scrutiny. The PSA will issue the Pension Payment Order (PPO) to the DPDO through the RO.
(Note: As this is a time taking procedure, pensioners are advised to ensure issue of Joint Notification in favour of their spouse during their life time itself. This will save their family members from the hazardous procedure of obtaining various documents from different authorities and waiting for the Family Pension to be notified through a Pension Payment Order.)
4. What should I do to get Joint Notification issued in favour of my wife?
You can download the Form to apply for Joint Notification from this website. Fill in the form, paste a joint photograph and get it attested from a Gazetted Officer. The format may be submitted to the DPDO, after getting it signed by two witnesses who draw pension from the same DPDO.
The DPDO will take necessary action to get the Joint Notification published by the PSA. When the Joint Notification is issued, your RO will send a copy of the same to you also.
Through this simple procedure, a pensioner can ensure that his spouse will get family pension in case of his sad demise.